Pastor Mike answers questions on the Bible, God and Christianity
Questions in this service:
1. 1 Cor. 7 – Paul says this comes from me and not the Lord. Please talk about this.
2. A mother asks if she needs to walk away from her daughter after raising her 2 children and then finding out her daughter married another woman.
3. Romans 6:7 – please explain sin verses sins.
4. What is the Christian view on donating and transplanting human organs.
5. 2 Sam 24 and 1 Chron. 21 – regarding the census. Was it God or Satan that incited David to take the Census.
6. Jehovah Witness Bible Basis.
7. 1 Cor. 5-11 – does this mean one cannot associate with a family member with this criteria?
8. Mark 10; The cup of wrath. Help clarify this passage along with question on Baptism of fire. Second question is Pastors opinion on the value of the confessions such as the Westminster or Heidelberg.
9. How do we handle explaining certain parts of the Bible to young children.
10. How do you discern instructions that may be proper in it’s time and not so now such as a woman wearing a head covering. Universal truths verses cultural truths and how to distinguish them.
11. What does it mean to be away from the presence of God if God is omnipresent?
12. Acts 16 when Paul meets Timothy and then circumcises him. Is Paul not showing inconsistency in what he has been preaching?
13. How can you know that you are enabling or calming more harm by trying to support someone with a problem.